We are a local voluntary group dedicated to preserving and developing the wonderful amenity that is Irelands Royal Canal.
We are having our annual FUN DAY on Sunday 29th May 2016 at Thomastown Harbour by the Royal Canal.
Details of our Family Fun Day can be found HERE
Linked into this event is an AMATEUR PHOTO COMPETITION
The competition is OPEN to all Pupils, Parents, Granparents, Brothers, Sisters, Uncles, Aunties, etc…
The theme of this AMATEUR PHOTO COMPETITION is “Wild about the canal”.
All awarded photos will be displayed at the FUN DAY on 29th May.
The judges will be looking for photographs that captures the natural beauty present in the canal and its environment. This could be shots of plant life around the canal, animal, fish, birds,etc. It’s totally up to the photographer how they decide to interpret the theme. Further details are given below
Closing Date extended to Friday 20th May TIME IS RUNNING OUT
- Photos can be upload using the form below.
- They can also be submitted in printed form ( unmounted, maximum size 5×7 or 6×4)
and posted to Finian Dardis, Knocksimon, Killucan, Co. Westmeath.
- Entry is restricted to 3 photos per person.
- Printed photos will not be returned.
- Entrants must ensure that any photos containing people faces have being taken with the permission of the person(s) in the photograph.
- The Canal committee reserve the rights to any photo entered in this competition and may publish it for promotion and advertising purposes.
- The judges decision will be final.
- Children near or in the area of the Canal must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- By taking part, you agree that you shall not endanger yourself or others by participation in this competition.
Entry into this competition implies acceptance of the rules.
So lets get out the cameras and smartphones and get clicking!!!!!
Stay safe and enjoy the outdoor life.